Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Not in a Reading Kind of Mood


I'm in a reading funk, so I'm knitting instead! The pattern is called Little Kina and the Ravelry instructions (and more pictures) can be found here. This is my second time knitting this little pattern, and this time it is for a friend who saw the sweater on my daughter's doll and couldn't stop oohing and awing about it. It so, so easy — knit in one piece from the top down — and absolutely darling! And if you're really brave, you can buy the Baby Kina pattern and knit your toddler one to match her doll. I did this for my 3-year old and am glad to be done. The sweater for a large toddler took quite a bit longer than I had expected, and I was sorely tired of it by the end. Speaking of which, I have yet to take a picture of the brat and her bitty baby showing off my hard work! I need to get on that...


The worst part of the pattern for me was the neckline, but only because I hate, hate, hate knitting front and back. I wish there were another way to make an increase without leaving a hole...anyone? The baby doll neckline wasn't nearly as bad, of course, but the big girl neckline was complete torture. I had had ambitions of trying to knit one for myself (yes, there's a pattern for adult sizes, too!) but they are no more. I just keep hoping someone I know will fall pregnant with a girl so I can knit the newborn size. How cute would that be for a shower gift?! Even better would be if I fell pregnant with a girl. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment