Monday, March 25, 2013

Library Loot (due back April 22nd)

We made it to the library ahead of schedule. Woot-woot! If you'll remember, we made a family goal to visit the library at least once a month so that the brats have more participation in picking out their own books for nightly free-reading. Here's what we picked up today:

ME
Wolf Hall (Thomas Cromwell, #1)
Yep, just one for me today, and I'm already second guessing whether or not I'm really that interested in giving it a try. Seriously, I don't know what I was thinking. I dislike English court, and I dislike Henry VII. On the other hand, I really enjoyed Katherine by Anya Seton and this was recommended as "enjoyed by other readers who liked Katherine by Anya Seton."

MARY JANE (11)

Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)  Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)
MJ is the reason we made an early trip to the library. She finished The Hunger Games and was dying to read the rest of the series. She picked up these two in the "Teens" section and sat down to read while the rest of us looked for books.

KADEN (8)
The Golden Book Of Snakes And Other Reptiles  The Witchmaster's Key (Hardy Boys, #55)  The Masked Monkey (Hardy Boys, #51)
Kaden also knew what he was going to the library for: more Hardy Boys mysteries! He also likes to look through the non-fiction section. He is such a careful, conservative little guy and has a hard time picking more than he thinks he can read, even when we encourage him to get the five allowed on his card. He is such a sweet, considerate little boy.

ELIZA (3)
How to Catch a Star   The Cloud Spinner  Stuck
The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore  The Tale of Benjamin Bunny  The Tale of Mr. Jeremy Fisher   The Tale of Mrs. Tittlemouse
Eliza has the biggest loot of all! Of course, she'd leave with twenty at this age since she wants all of them. She got her first library card today and, in the future, will be limited to five as stated on her card.

No comments:

Post a Comment