Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!
We're still going strong with our once a month trip to the library! I didn't pick up anything this trip because I'm still in a reading slump, and am waaaay behind schedule with Les Misérables — my year-long read — and The Lord of the Rings, which I'm re-reading with my in real life book club.
MJ (11) – Mary Jane renewed Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson from last month, and didn't check out anything else. For some reason she is taking a really long time with this one, but she says she likes it and wants to finish it. I think it may be slightly above her reading level and more of a challenge than she wants to admit.
KADEN (9) – Kaden remains to be the brat most interested in visiting the library (followed closely by Eliza). He is still loving the non-fiction section. Our library has a kind of pitiful collection of non-fiction books for kids, so I fear that he will quickly get through the ones that interest him.
The Story of Werewolves by Thomas G. Aylesworth (not pictured)
ELIZA (3) – These are the books that I get to read over and over and over again. This week's loot isn't too bad. My favorite is The House in the Night — the illustrations are gorgeous! Neither Eliza or I cared at all for Dinosailors. She lost interest before we even finished reading it and hasn't picked it back up since.
THE COMRADE (old) – The Comrade always accompanies us to the library but usually doesn't check anything out. This time he picked out some world religion books he'd like us to read for homeschool. Here they are:
The Buddha by F.W. Rawding (not pictured)
No comments:
Post a Comment