Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Botched-Up Knitting

Remember the Little Kina I was knitting for my friend's little girl's doll? Well, I finished it only to discover that I messed up bad. After casting-off the sleeves, I remember thinking that the rows in the body seemed longer than the last time I knitted this project. But I pushed my doubts aside by assuring myself that it only felt that way because this was the second time working the project and I wasn't as driven to see the end result. Here's the finished product:
Do you see where I messed up? If you don't see it, the front does not meet. Grrr! When I made the increase in the neckline the second time I assumed that the second increase (k1, k1fb across) was the same as the first increase (k1fb across). So I doubled the increase both times, resulting in an unusable baby doll sweater. Doh! The good news is that I can unravel this sweater and will have plenty of yarn to redo the project correctly. First, though, I have to finish a throw I'm crocheting as a graduation present, and after that I have a layette blanket and booties to finish for an upcoming baby shower. Hopefully I'll have a post for those soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment